Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada accepts Pearson PTE Academic test results from Indian international students applying for study permits through the regular application process – also known as non-SDS (Student Direct Stream).
PTE Academic scores, along with TOEFL iBT and IELTS Academic are the only results that will be considered for applications outside of the Student Direct Stream. While this process is not the fast-tracked SDS that was recently introduced, approximately 46% of Indian students who chose to study in Canada in 2019 applied using this method.
Managing Director for Pearson Canada, Marlene Olsavsky, believes the PTE Academic test will be beneficial for Indian students hoping to further their education in Canada. “Test takers have a choice of more than 30 PTE centers currently open in India, including in Punjab, Gujarat and Hyderabad, all with required health and safety measures in place.”
Through PTE Academic, students receive the benefits of being able to schedule the time of their test online and typically have to wait just two days for their results.
Olsavsky states, “Once they get their PTE score, students are then able to send it to any number of universities they are interested in, unlike other English tests which limit the amount of institutions where a score can be sent.”
“We believe PTE Academic offers a huge advantage to test takers,” explains Olsavsky. “Our use of leading AI technology means colleges can trust that students’ English proficiency levels are scored accurately and with no bias. We also know students like the flexibility of booking and fast results we offer – making PTE Academic the increasingly popular English language test worldwide.”
PTE Academic is accepted by 194 education establishments in Canada and 90% of Canadian public universities. For more information, please visit their website: PearsonPTE.com
‘I am looking forward to working with the Council promoting our services to CARE Agents & establishing linkages with academic stakeholders,’ Marcie Mealia, Client Relationship Manager Canada, PTE Academic. Contact: [email protected].
The Pearson Test of Academic English, is a widely recognized English Language Proficiency Test, which can be scheduled up to 48 hours in advance and students most often receive their scores within 24 hours, allowing for a quicker turnaround of student applications for college and university acceptance. Learn more…
The Pearson [CIEC Academic Member] publishing company has launched an open badge platform called Acclaim, which will allow PSE institutions to recognize student achievements and learning outcomes with badges that can be shared online. Acclaim will use the Mozilla Open Badge standard, and will work with academic institutions and credentialing organizations to offer diplomas, certificates and other professional credentials as open badges. “Open badge-earners have complete control to display them wherever they choose—on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, a blog, or website—to prove their credentials,” reads a Pearson news release. “This allows potential employers to quickly and easily verify the qualifications of job applicants.”
TCS Insights: By using online badges to represent student achievement, Pearson is making it easier for students to prove their credentials to prospective employers and educational institutions alike. Students pursuing opportunities in new parts of the world will quickly be able to prove their past accomplishments without needing to request transcripts from previous schools.
Pearson recently announced the launch of a new tablet-based education solution for schools in India. The ‘MX Touch’ platform will give students access to more effective personalised and collaborative digital learning with rich digital content, 3D animations, quizzes, and videos. It is compliant with the school syllabus and comes bundled with tablets at a variety of prices to ensure it is affordable and accessible by the broadest possible cross-section of students. While supporting the core syllabus, the service will also help promote Information Communication Technology in the Indian school education by familiarising students with the latest learning technology. The product also allows parents to monitor the academic progress of their children more accurately than ever before with easy access to assignments, difficult lessons covered during school hours and archived assessments and tests.
PTE Academic is Pearson’s computer-based language test for international students wanting to study in an English-speaking environment. The test measures the four skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing.
The test is endorsed by, and the preferred test of, GMAC® – the owners of the GMAT®.
Benefits of using PTE Academic
• Fast results – in 5 business days, allowing your students to fulfil their English language requirement of their offer in days, not weeks.
• Accepted worldwide – approved by the UK and Australian governments for student visas, as well as universities and colleges worldwide, giving you confidence that they will meet all the requirements for entry.
• Flexibility – tests can be booked within 24 hours of a test date, giving your students a real choice on the test date and time that suits their schedules.
• Transparency – students can see their score before deciding whether to send it or not, giving you the ability to recommend the best college or university to help them develop.
How do students register for a test?
Students can check real-time test availability at www.vue.com/pte/sa. If no date is available, contact us to discuss an on-demand session or alternative testing locations.
• Students should arrive at the test centre 30 minutes before the appointment to allow enough time to complete check-in procedures
• Personal items are not allowed in the testing room and must be stored in a locker. It is recommended that valuable items are left at home
Preparing for the test
It is very important that students spend some time familiarising themselves with the format and content of the test before test day. We offer a number of resources designed to help students prepare. If they don’t prepare then they may not get the score they were hoping for.
Our resources include:
• The Official Guide to PTE Academic containing over 200 practice questions, analysis of sample responses and test-taking tips
• Practice tests with sample answers
• A free test tutorial providing a detailed overview of the test
Checking and sending scores via our secure website
PTE Academic is a secure English language test. Students must send their score reports electronically to universities, colleges and government agencies via our Score Report Website. Students can view and then send unlimited score reports to their chosen institutions, or use their score to support their student visa application from their online Pearson account, free of charge.
How students send scores:
• Log into the Pearson VUE website using the link provided in their welcome email
• Click “send scores”
• In the “Institution/Organisation/Department/School” field, type the name of the organisation they want to forward their score to (e.g. for the UK Border Agency, put “UKBA” in the field and leave all others blank)
• A list of organisations matching that name will appear – tick the ones that apply and click “Next”
• On the next screen, click “Next” again to confirm. The scores will then be sent
Where can students write the test?
Test centers are located in the following locations: