ICICI Bank Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Limited which has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. ICICI Bank Limited is a leading private sector bank in India. The Bank’s consolidated total assets stood at US$182.8 billion as at December 31, 2019.
Established in December 2003, ICICI Bank Canada is a full-service direct bank with an asset base of about C$6.5 billion as at December 31, 2019, and it is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. The Bank offers a wide range of financial solutions to cater to personal, commercial, corporate, investment, treasury and trade requirements.
Student GIC Program
Studying in Canada presents many opportunities for international students. If you are an international student considering pursuing your studies in Canada under the Student Direct Stream (SDS), the ICICI Bank Canada Student GIC Program is tailor-made for you.
Why participating in ICICI Bank Canada Student GIC Program?
In order to apply for a study permit under the SDS program, you must purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (“GIC”) in the amount of CAD 10,000 or as specified by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the specific province of arrival. Students applying for a study permit outside of the SDS (e.g. for university programs) may also purchase a GIC to act as proof of funds to cover their living expenses for the first year of their stay in Canada.
A GIC is a secure investment option (similar to a fixed or term deposit) that guarantees the full amount of your original investment as well as the interest over a pre-determined and fixed timeframe.
With the ICICI Bank Canada Student GIC Program, you will receive a portion of your investment plus interest every month for a 12-month period. The fee to participate in this program is CAD 150, non-refundable.
With more than ten years of experience in Multicultural Marketing, Ethos Communications brings unique insight and keen intuition to the global marketplace. Choosing to “Act Local — Think Global,” they bring an authentic and purist approach as their source artists and materials. Ethos Communications has been awarded three times for bringing multiculturalism to Canada and its Asian diaspora.
A registered charity in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), the Hope Foundation works to protect and help street kids and impoverished families from abuse, unethical labour practices, and other hazards of street life and poverty. The Foundation operates and funds more than 60 projects offering protection, healthcare, education, nutrition, rehabilitation, and education.
The Hope Foundation is a registered Irish charity and has established offices in India, Germany, the United Kingdom, and in the United States. Their personal mission is “the holistic care and development and protection of human rights of severely underprivileged children/persons in India and other developing countries.”
KontentEdge believes in working not only to deliver solutions for our clients, but also to innovatively evolve those solutions. Our team members have vast industry experience, technical and development. Some team members have been trainers in the past and that makes them proficient in identifying the need of the learning audience along with the correct methodology to develop instructions for training. We yearn to take on challenges to develop new and innovative solutions.
While developing content, we conceptually and intuitively understand how people learn and then brainstorm innovative instructional strategies. We can visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, interactions, and the finished product. We are able to meld minds with Subject Matter Experts to develop content.
KPMG international exists as a group of member firms that offer audit, tax and advisory services. These members include corporations, non-profit organizations, public-sector agencies and governments. By working closely with these clients, KPMG aids them in reducing risks and the most of opportunities while providing industry insight and regional knowledge. KPMG firms employ more than 155,000 people in 155 countries around the world; each with the goal of maintaining and elevating the quality of the company.
Maple Leaf EduConnect aims to link educational institutes in Canada and India, serving as a reference for schools and students to simplify the process of studying abroad.
With their aim to be the most-trusted source of information in their field, they do not rely on secondary information nor do they represent any particular institutes. Instead, their extensively trained staff aim to give personalized advice that keeps all options open—including countries other than Canada.
PTE Academic is Pearson’s computer-based language test for international students wanting to study in an English-speaking environment. The test measures the four skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing.
The test is endorsed by, and the preferred test of, GMAC® – the owners of the GMAT®.
Benefits of using PTE Academic
• Fast results – in 5 business days, allowing your students to fulfil their English language requirement of their offer in days, not weeks.
• Accepted worldwide – approved by the UK and Australian governments for student visas, as well as universities and colleges worldwide, giving you confidence that they will meet all the requirements for entry.
• Flexibility – tests can be booked within 24 hours of a test date, giving your students a real choice on the test date and time that suits their schedules.
• Transparency – students can see their score before deciding whether to send it or not, giving you the ability to recommend the best college or university to help them develop.
How do students register for a test?
Students can check real-time test availability at www.vue.com/pte/sa. If no date is available, contact us to discuss an on-demand session or alternative testing locations.
• Students should arrive at the test centre 30 minutes before the appointment to allow enough time to complete check-in procedures
• Personal items are not allowed in the testing room and must be stored in a locker. It is recommended that valuable items are left at home
Preparing for the test
It is very important that students spend some time familiarising themselves with the format and content of the test before test day. We offer a number of resources designed to help students prepare. If they don’t prepare then they may not get the score they were hoping for.
Our resources include:
• The Official Guide to PTE Academic containing over 200 practice questions, analysis of sample responses and test-taking tips
• Practice tests with sample answers
• A free test tutorial providing a detailed overview of the test
Checking and sending scores via our secure website
PTE Academic is a secure English language test. Students must send their score reports electronically to universities, colleges and government agencies via our Score Report Website. Students can view and then send unlimited score reports to their chosen institutions, or use their score to support their student visa application from their online Pearson account, free of charge.
How students send scores:
• Log into the Pearson VUE website using the link provided in their welcome email
• Click “send scores”
• In the “Institution/Organisation/Department/School” field, type the name of the organisation they want to forward their score to (e.g. for the UK Border Agency, put “UKBA” in the field and leave all others blank)
• A list of organisations matching that name will appear – tick the ones that apply and click “Next”
• On the next screen, click “Next” again to confirm. The scores will then be sent
Where can students write the test?
Test centers are located in the following locations:
PricewaterhouseCoopers specializes in advisory, tax, and regulatory services with a network of offices across 158 countries. PwC India is a firm working to provide organizations with informed and well-researched solutions for every type of business-related concerns. Listening to different points of view, they provide advice and guidance to maximize and identify opportunities for growth in every sector, no matter their location.