With over 900 million eligible voters, the world is about witness the largest democratic exercise in history.
Carleton University, Canada’s Capital University, is seeking a qualified and a highly motivated candidate to fill a key role as:
Manager, Canada-India Centre for Excellence
Salary Range: $64,347 – $86,319
The Manager, CICE is responsible for assisting the strategic objectives of the President, Vice-President (Research & International), and Deans in the development and delivery of a program of academic exchanges, research, economic development and cultural/intellectual activities for the CICE. The incumbent will initiate and engage in business development activities to obtain funding to make the centre operations sustainable, including developing proposals, milestones, deliverables; overseeing the financial status and human resources to meet objectives; preparing status reports, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges; negotiating as required with external international funding agencies; preparing materials and recommendations to the CICE Board.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of project management principles;
- Experience in fostering effective communication within and among groups
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Detail oriented, resourceful, innovative, flexible and accessible;
- Proven capacity to excel in an independent work environment while relating to various sectors of the university and community including the CICE Board;
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong editorial and documentation skills especially in relation to technical documents;
- Experience in using word processing, spreadsheets, database and internet applications and tools;
- Requires exceptional interpersonal, organizational, analytical and writing skills, as well as flexibility;
- Attention to detail and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment is essential;
- Must possess knowledge of project management principles and is adept at effectively and efficiently determining priorities, and has experience with innovative research concepts and programs.
The above is normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, ideally with business management skills including a specialization in international business and project management, and experience with international research funding programs specifically in India. Knowledge of languages spoken in India is an asset. This along with a minimum of three or more years related experience, preferably in working with India, Canada and indo-Canadian relations with a focus on business development, research, networking among universities, applying successfully for funds from national and international funding agencies.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications.
Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to apply: Candidates should visit our website at http://www2.carleton.ca/hr/employment-opportunities/ and follow the instructions provided to apply for this position