Introducing CARE: Canadian Academic Advisors Representing Excellence
CARE is a simple, inclusive process that:
- Strategically positions agents in an increasingly fierce and competitive international environment
- Provides them a platform to demonstrate their expertise to Canadian academic institutions and succeed in the Canada-India education corridor
- Promotes ethical student recruitment by encouraging agents to evaluate their business practice and recognizes them for their efforts
As a CIEC Member, you will:
- Tap into the CIEC Network to schedule meetings & establish linkages
- Gain access to personalized consulting in areas of recruitment & partner filtering and selection, as well as on-the-ground support
- Promote ethical student recruitment
- Be recognized in the Canada-India education sector for your efforts
CIEC will grant membership to all agencies who meet the following requirements.
- Agencies must provide 3 or more academic references of institutions to which they have sent students to (Canadian institutions preferred but not mandatory).
- Academic reference checks do not affect the membership decision. CIEC collects & contacts academic references to post agent members’ average scores in key areas of student recruitment on the CIEC website. CIEC will indicate whether the references provided are Canadian or other. Canadian academic institutions seek education agencies with a proven track record of working within the Canadian education system. For this reason we encourage you to provide Canadian academic references if you are able to. We hope this new member benefit will help your agency gain exposure and establish your reputation in the Canadian education sector.
- CIEC may grant membership to agencies that cannot provide 3 or more academic references on a discretionary basis. If you are unable to provide 3 references from any country, please explain why in your application form.
- Agencies must pass a background check.
- Agencies must not have engaged in fraudulent behaviour or misrepresention. If an agency is found to have engaged in fraudulent behaviour after they have been granted membership, their membership will be terminated.
- Agencies must be deemed eligible for membership by the CARE Membership Committee.
- Learn more about the benefits of becoming a Member of the Council.
- Learn more about the simple CARE process
- Fill out the brief free Pre-Screening Form & find out if you are eligible for membership (within 5 business days)
New CARE Benefit to Agents & Academic Institutions
CIEC collects & contacts academic references to post agent members’ average scores in key areas of student recruitment on the CIEC website. CIEC will indicate whether the references provided are Canadian or other. Canadian academic institutions seek education agencies with a proven track record of working within the Canadian education system. For this reason we encourage you to provide Canadian academic references if you are able to. We hope this new member benefit will help your agency gain exposure and establish your reputation in the Canadian education sector. Academic reference checks do not affect the membership decision.
Student Recruitment Sector Snapshot
Globally, student interest in post-secondary education is increasing at the same time as Canadian community colleges and universities are seeking greater internationalization and showing a keen interest to seek foreign students and partnerships around the globe. The time is therefore right to forge closer links between Canadian institutions and their foreign counterparts, both in the area of student recruitment and also in forging partnerships, affiliations, joint programming and facilitating an exchange of faculty & scholars.
To further strengthen the partnership(s), CIEC has launched a much lauded and highly anticipated Agent Membership Category called ‘CARE’ (Indian-Canadian Academic Advisors Representing Excellence) designed to act as an means for agencies that recruit students to Canadian accredited colleges, universities and other educational institutions to, with the help of CIEC and its Membership Committee, assess their services and ultimately fulfill their goal of providing a level of service that is at par with the expectations of students and Canadian academic institutions.
CARE is supported by CIEC’s member institutions which includes Canadian Colleges & Universities and is poised to soon become the benchmark & establish standards for counselors and agents promoting Canadian education in India. Agent Membership (CARE) will be granted by the CIEC Executive Team in consultation with the impartial Membership Committee, comprised of academic experts representing 3 major Canadian Colleges.
Students, Canadian academic institutions, visa offices and Canadian government bodies look for trusted agents recognized by their peers. Universities are keen to employ agents who can be trusted to uphold their image and will represent them honestly and efficiently.
The CARE Standards represent transparency, ability and experience. By becoming an Agent Member of the Council, you add your voice to the across-the board support for ethical student recruitment and gain exposure amongst key education players. CIEC’s Agent Membership (CARE) is the only one of its kind operating exclusively in the burgeoning Canada-India education corridor and aims to expand our agents’ business prospects in Canada.
CARE serves as a cost-effective way for education agents to gain exposure, establish their credentials, and distinguish themselves in the exciting Canada-India education corridor. Agents wishing to strategically position themselves in an increasingly fierce and competitive international environment are invited to become an CARE Recognized Member of the Canada India Education Council.
For additional information related to CIEC, please contact the CARE Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please review the following sections: