iCARE is a two-step, inclusive process that, for a limited time, allows agents to enjoy a free-pre-screening (Application Fee waived) to determine if they are eligible to become Agent Members of CIEC within 10-business days. Please note this is a limited time offer and you must submit your membership fee within 10 business days of approval for the offer to remain valid.
SIMPLE & QUICK TWO-STEP MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
Apply today and receive a FREE Application Pre-Screening
- Agency submits the Application Form
- CIEC Staff conduct reference checks & consult the Membership Committee
- CIEC inform Agency of their eligibility to become a Member
- Within 10 business days of receipt of documents
- Agency pays the Membership Fee ($999 for a 2-yr period) and completes the 20-minute Agent Questionnaire
iCARE is a simple two-step, inclusive process that:
- Strategically positions agents in an increasingly fierce and competitive international environment
- Provides them the resources to succeed in the Canada-India education corridor
- Promotes ethical student recruitment by encouraging agents to evaluate their business practice and recognizes them for their efforts
As a CIEC Member, you will:
- Tap into the CIEC Network
- Gain access to valuable resources
- Promote ethical student recruitment
- Be recognized in the Canada-India education sector / for your efforts
You can now become a CIEC Member in 10 business days & will enjoy a FREE Application Pre-Screening.
Eligibility Criteria & the Membership Committee
The Membership Committee is an anonymous advisory body comprised of three individuals from major Canadian academic institutions across Canada. CIEC staff, the Executive Team, and the Membership Committee are bound by a confidentiality Agreement to maintain any & all Agency information in strict confidence. The Membership Committee may advise CIEC as to the agency’s reputation and history of business practice. Candidate Agencies will be granted membership providing they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- CIEC Agent Membership is available for international recruitment agencies and established self-employed counsellors offering recruitment services to Canadian colleges and universities accredited by the CMEC – Council of Ministers of Education, Canada.
- The Candidate Agency must have two (2) years of experience recruiting international students as of the Date of Application and provide 3 Canadian references.If there is documentary evidence that an agency is found to have engaged in unethical, unlawful or fraudulent business practices or is deemed a potential hazard to CIEC and/or in the opinion of the Membership Committee is considered not suitable or qualified, they will be asked to withdraw themselves from being considered for CIEC Membership.
- If an agent does not meet this requirement, CIEC may use their discretion in granting the agency membership.
Unsuccessful agencies will be sent a ‘Letter of Recommendations’ and given 8 weeks to correct any deficiencies. However, the Membership Decision cannot be contested or overturned if the agency is unable to satisfy the recommendations passed by the Membership Committee. If an agency is not able to correct their deficiencies in the time allotted, they may re-apply for CIEC Membership after 1 year.