iCARE is now an inclusive process that encourages agents to evaluate their business practice, recognizes them for their efforts, and provides them with the resources tools to succeed in the Canada-India education corridor. It is our hope that a more inclusive process will create a more immediate and widespread change in the student recruitment market. A detailed outline of the benefits, process and fee structure is found in the iCARE Manual.
To become an iCARE Recognized Agent Member of the Canada India Education Council, please contact us to request an Application Form.
- Agency submits the Application Form, Supporting Documents & Application Fee
- If an agency does not complete/submit all required documents they will be notified by email and will have 4 weeks to secure their candidacy
- CIEC Staff process the Application Form & Supporting Documents
- CIEC Staff & Membership Committee partake in the Membership Decision
- Within 4 weeks of receipt of documents & Application Fee
- If an agency is denied CIEC Membership, they will be issued a Letter of Recommendations
- They will have 6 weeks from the date of issue to remedy all deficiencies listed in the Letter of Recommendations
- If unable to correct deficiencies within 6 weeks, the Candidate Agency may reapply for CIEC Membership after 1 year
- Agency pays the Membership Fee
- Agency submits the Assessment Report
- Within 4 weeks of receipt of the document
- Agency is announced as a CIEC Member (iCARE)
After receiving feedback from education agents, CIEC has trimmed the iCARE Process and Fees since our last communication:
- Reduced Membership and Application Fees
- Application Fee
- Before: $525, Now: $225 ( temporarily waived )
- Membership Fee
- Before: $1500 – $4500, Now: $999 for a 2-year period
- Application Fee
- Application Fee waived for agents applying between June 1st 2013 – July 1st 2013
- Membership Decision will be made upon receipt of the Application Form
- Inclusive Process – Agents will not be tested on their compliance with iCARE Standards
- iCARE Standards are a voluntary code of ethics
- Process shortened from 4 – 6 months to 1 – 2 months
- CIEC no longer conducting site visits
- DFAIT training no longer mandatory
- CIEC will organize an annual iCARE Training Seminar in one or more major Indian cities
Please refer to the iCARE Manual for more information.
The Membership Committee is an anonymous advisory body comprised of three individuals from major Canadian academic institutions across Canada. CIEC staff, the Executive Team, and the Membership Committee are bound by a confidentiality Agreement to maintain any & all Agency information in strict confidence.
- CIEC Agent Membership is available for international recruitment agencies and established self-employed counsellors offering recruitment services to Canadian colleges and universities accredited by the CMEC – Council of Ministers of Education, Canada.
- The Candidate Agency must have two (2) years of experience recruiting international students as of the Date of Application. CIEC Membership is not available for sub-agents or franchises.
- If there is documentary evidence that an agency is found to have engaged in unethical, unlawful or fraudulent business practices or is deemed a potential hazard to CIEC and/or in the opinion of the Membership Committee is considered not suitable or qualified, they will be asked to withdraw themselves from being considered for CIEC Membership.
To obtain membership, agents must prove they meet iCARE eligibility criteria by completing the Application Form and submitting the Application Fee. The Membership Committee may advise CIEC as to the agency’s reputation and history of business practice.
Unsuccessful agencies will be sent a ‘Letter of Recommendations’ and given time to correct any deficiencies. However, the Membership Decision cannot be contested or overturned if the agency is unable to satisfy the recommendations passed by the Membership Committee. If an agency is not able to correct their deficiencies in the time allotted, they may re-apply for CIEC Membership after 1 year.