The Membership Committee is an anonymous advisory body comprised of three individuals from major Canadian academic institutions across Canada. CIEC staff, the Executive Team, and the Membership Committee are bound by a confidentiality agreement to maintain any & all agency information in strict confidence. The Membership Committee may advise CIEC as to the agency’s reputation and history of business practice. Candidate Agencies will be approved for membership providing they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- CIEC Agent Membership is available for international recruitment agencies and established self-employed counsellors offering recruitment services to Canadian colleges and universities and/or foreign institutions
- The Candidate Agency must provide 3 or more academic references. Canadian references are preferred (but not mandatory) to help Agent Members gain exposure in the Canadian education sector, as Canadian academic institutions seek education agencies that have an established reputation amongst Canadian institutions
- If you do not meet this requirement please include an explanation in the Pre-Screening form and CIEC will use their discretion in granting eligibility approval.
- The Candidate Agency must pass a Background Check
- The Candidate Agency must not have engaged in unethical, unlawful or fraudulent business practices or be deemed a potential hazard to CIEC. If documentary evidence of this behaviour is found at any point during the agent’s membership term, their membership may be terminated. (Terms & Conditions)
- CIEC may consult the Membership Committee when pre-screening candidates. The Candidate Agency will be considered ineligible for membership if the Membership Committee deems them unsuitable or unqualified.
Find out if your agency is eligible: Free Pre-Screening
Terms & Conditions of Membership
By submitting the Application Form, the applicant recruitment agency (“Applicant”) hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
1. Applicant will provide accurate and complete information where requested.
2. CIEC employees and any persons or entities assisting with the CARE Process shall have access to the information here provided by the Applicant Agency or collected throughout the CARE Process.
3. CIEC will not share applicant information with any third parties for any reason except that stated above.
5. Misuse of the CARE brand, fraudulent behaviour, and misrepresentation are considered sufficient grounds for termination. However, effort will be made to resolve any issues before terminating the membership.
6. Upon termination of CIEC Membership, Applicant will discontinue use of all trademarks and logos belonging to CIEC as well as any representation that it is a CIEC Member.
7. In the event of termination, Applicant will be given written notice of the reasons for its termination.
9. Applicant will indemnify and hold CIEC and all associated parties, including members, agents, and staff, harmless from any claims, damages, losses, costs, and expenses arising out of either the Applicant’s breach of the CARE Terms and Conditions or CIEC’s efforts to enforce these Terms and Conditions.
10. Applicant accepts that the $250 Application Fee and/or $2400 Membership Fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
11. If Applicant is granted CIEC Membership, they will remain a member for a period of 2 years (if they submitted their membership fee before Dec 30, 2019) and for a period of 1 year (if the agency submitted their membership fee after Dec 30, 2019), after which they may renew their membership.
12. If a CIEC Agent Member (CARE) fails to renew their membership then the agency will immediately discontinue representing itself as being a member of the CIEC and cease all use of any CARE or CIEC trademarks, logos, or services.
13. To encourage involvement and discussion, CIEC requires that Agent Members connect with CIEC and the CIEC network through social media:
- Connect with CEO Husain F. Neemuchwala on Linkedin
- ‘Like’ CIEC on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/CanadaIndiaEducation
- ‘Follow’ CIEC on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CanadaIndiaEdu
- Join our LinkedIn group ‘Network of Canada-India Education Leaders & Stakeholders‘
14. These Terms and Conditions will be governed exclusively by Canadian law. Any suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right arising out of, these Terms and Conditions must be brought against either of the parties in the courts of Canada and each of the parties consents to the jurisdiction of such courts (and of the appropriate appellate courts) in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any objection to jurisdiction or venue laid therein.